Nigeria has witnessed the advent of notable financial institutions and platforms. Today, our searchlight beams on one of such financial platforms making the rounds. In this article on OPay Login, I will discuss some of the unique features and benefits of OPay and how Nigerians can use this platform to achieve some level of financial leverage.
Opera owns OPay, and it was created with a mission to take the hassle away from making payments in Africa. With an African-focused payment system, it is expected that OPay will make its dwelling in Nigeria, the Giants of Africa.
OPay started in 2018 in Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria but has since spread to other parts of the country. As a result, there is virtually no Nigerian state today where OPay services are not enjoyed. If you have heard about it or not, this article on OPay Login will show you all there is to know about making use of OPay and the services the pan-African payment platform is offering.
Originally called Opera Payment, OPay is one of the most popular payment platforms in Nigeria today. It is a widely utilized payment method in various cities from Zamfara and Borno in the North to Benue and Niger in the Middle-belt to Delta and Rivers in the South-South and Abia and Imo in the South East.
You will be missing out on many goodies if you have not started making use of OPay. One of the things I will be showing you, which is almost the primary reason I crafted this OPay Login article, is to show you how to open an OPay account and enjoy its benefits.
OPay Login: Benefits of OPay
You can use OPay either by downloading the OPay App on Google Play Store or from the Apple App Store or visiting the OPay web. Whichever OPay Login platform you decide to use, you can enjoy the following benefits on the platform:
- Airtime and data purchase
- Payment for electricity bills
- Pay for WAEC
- Fund a Bet9ja account
- Fund a Cowry Card
- Pay money to microfinance banks
- Make governmental payments and levies
- Pay for TV subscription (DSTV, GOTV, and Startimes)
- Make payments for university tuition fees
- Hotel and Flight bookings
- Access to OKash loans
There are tons of benefits of using OPay, and if you are not using it already, you had better start. Interestingly, making payments and buying airtime or data on OPay comes with discounts. Moreover, the service does not impose charges like banks and other financial institutions. As we proceed in this OPay Login article, I will show you how to download OPay and create an account.
How to Register for an OPay Account
OPay Login can take place in two ways. First, you can download the OPay App from your phone’s app store or through the OPay web. I will be showing you how to do both.
To open an account with the OPay app, follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android phone or Apple App Store if you are using an iOS device
- In the store, click on the search bar and type “OPay.”
- Click on the OPay icon and install the app
- Once the app has been installed, open it and begin the registration process.
How to Login to My OPay Account with the OPay App
If you have downloaded the OPay app, here is how to create an account with OPay:
- Open the OPay app and click on ‘Create a new account’.
- You will be required to enter your mobile number. Make sure the number is accurate and active, as OPay will send an OTP to that number you are expected to input in the box below your number.
- After you have received the OTP and added it, tap ‘Confirm’ to proceed
- Next, you will be required to create a six-digit password which you would use to access your new OPay account
- After your password is saved, you will need to fill in your details.
- Once that is done, your OPay login is completed, and you can start enjoying the fantastic benefits of OPay.
How to Login to My OPay Account with OPay Web
To login to OPay via the web, these are the steps you should follow:
- Start your phone’s Opera browser on your smartphone or laptop computer.
- Look for the icon of the app that reads Cashback and then click it.
- The new page will show an impressive Cashback advertisement.
- Avoid the ad by clicking on the cancel button at the top right of the page.
- Go to the upper right corner on the following page and click on the login button.
- In this stage, you can input your OPay-linked telephone number and your password. If this is your first attempt using Opera, OPay will require verification.
- Then, you’ll receive an OTP either via text message or telephone call. You could also call to dial the USSD number *347*010# to get an SMS message with your OTP. Enter six digits of your OTP and watch your login progress.
How to Fund Your OPay Wallet
With all the benefits that OPay offers, there is no sitting on the fence. To begin using the payment platform, you will need to fund your account or wallet, as it is called. I will be showing you how to fund your OPay wallet in quick, easy steps.
To fund your OPay wallet, on the OPay app homepage, click on ‘Add Money.’ This will reveal the options available for you to fund your account. At the moment, you can fund your OPay wallet using:
- Your bank app
- OPay Deposit
- Sending a money request
- Collecting a loan from EaseMoni
How to Fund Your OPay Wallet Using Top-up
Having completed your OPay login, to fund your OPay wallet using the Top-up, click on Top-up under the ‘Add Money’ section. Next, you will be required to enter the amount you want to add to your wallet. For example, the amount could be from ten naira (₦10) and nine thousand, nine hundred, and ninety-nine naira (₦9,999).
After you enter the amount, click on ‘Confirm’, and the following screen will show you the available payment options, which includes ‘Debit Card’ and ‘Bank Account’. Fill in your details for whichever option you are going for and click ‘Confirm’.
In minutes, your OPay wallet will be funded appropriately.
How to Fund Your OPay Wallet Using Your Bank App
Funding your OPay wallet is possible with your bank app. When you complete the OPay login, click on the ‘Add Money’ tab, you will see the ‘Bank App’ option. After clicking on the ‘Bank App’ option, OPay will reveal your account number, as you can see in the picture below.
The icons of banks in the picture above have the steps to fund your OPay account with any of the bank icons. If your bank is listed there, you can tap the bank icon, and it will show you steps to fund your OPay wallet using your bank app.
The bank name to choose when transferring from your bank app to your OPay account is PAYCOM.
How to Fund Your OPay Wallet Using OPay Deposit
The OPay Deposit option lets you use an OPay merchant to fund your wallet. All you have to do is find the nearest OPay merchant by clicking on the OPay Deposit option in the ‘Add Money’ tab. You will see a screen like in the image below.
Click on the ‘Nearby Merchants,’ and OPay will show you the merchants close to you. The merchants should be able to fund your wallet without any extra charges.
How to Fund Your OPay Wallet Using Request Money Option
You can request money to fund your wallet. Complete your OPay login, click on the ‘Add Money’ tab on the OPay dashboard, and click on ‘Request Money.’ The next screen you would see is like the one below, which lets you enter an account number or select one from your contacts.
Next, input the amount you want and write an optional message. When you have completed this, tap ‘Done,’ and your friend will receive a request notification.
How to Transfer Money Using OPay
OPay, like other financial platforms, allows users to transfer money to other Nigerian bank accounts and OPay users. To transfer money using OPay, complete the OPay login and click on the ‘Transfers’ tab in the OPay app dashboard.
If you are going to transfer money to a Nigerian bank account, click on the ‘Bank Account’ option and select the bank you want to transfer money to, enter the account number, amount, and an optional message. After you have filled in the details, click ‘Done’, and you will be asked to confirm the payment channel and the security measure you have put in place.
When transferring to an OPay user, tap the ‘Transfer to OPay Account’ option. Then, enter the OPay account number, the amount you want to transfer, and an optional message. After you tap ‘Done’, you will need to select a payment channel and confirm your PIN or biometrics.
Final Thoughts on OPay Login
OPay is undoubtedly one of the many financial platforms and gateway channels committed to making payments and subscriptions easy for Nigerians. Through this OPay Login piece, I am optimistic that you have figured the immense benefits of OPay and how you can enjoy all of them.
If you found value in reading this piece, please share it with your friends and family.