If you create unique digital products, you need to know how to sell them on Amazon from Nigeria. Because that’s where money is.
Amazon is not just any online store. It is the world’s biggest online store that attracts millions of unique visits per second from all over the world, and it gives you the chance to find international customers; thereby boosting your sales.
Is it Possible For Me To Sell On Amazon From Nigeria?
Yes, you can. In this article, I will be giving you practical steps that will guide you towards selling your products on Amazon.
Formally, you couldn’t use the Amazon Seller App if you don’t live in the United States. Bu all changed in 2018.
Although Nigeria is not among one of the listed countries in the Amazon seller app, there is still a way you can go around it. To find the full list of supported countries, you can visit the Seller Central Page.
Below is information that describes the main features of the Amazon Seller App, and this will give you useful tips and guides towards answering your question “how can I sell on Amazon from Nigeria”. Keep reading and you will find answers to your question.
What You Need To Sell On Amazon From Nigeria
Below are several important guides and steps you need to complete to be a seller on the world’s biggest online store.
1) Registration of an Account
You cant sell on Amazon without registering. It is the first step. There is good news and bad news regarding this as a Nigerian. The good news is that you can easily do the registration online from the comfort of your home.
The bad news is that since Nigeria is not included on the seller page, you can’t register as a Nigerian. The two steps below show you how to bypass this first stage.
- Citizens of Ghana, South African, Kenya, and other African countries are permitted on the sellers’ page. What you have to do is to get a physical address from any of your family or friends in any of these countries and register with it.
- If you have someone in the United States, you can use their physical address. It is even better than the first option. As sellers from the US do have buyers easily.
You must have a strong network connection and your documents ready. Documents needed for the registration include:
- Real name
- Mastercard/visa international banking card alongside your banking details. But as a Nigerian, you are advised to use a Payoneer prepaid card. it will enable you to receive money in dollars and later transferring it to your local account in naira.
Please note that when you are registering from Nigeria, please use VPN to hide your Nigerian IP address.
Please also note that the seller account costs $39.99 plus an extra selling fee per month. However, if you create an individual account, you will be charged $0.99 for any item you sell(you can set up to 40 products every month using this account.
- Feasibility Study vs Business Plan Similarities And Differences
- Charcoal Export Business In Nigeria For Beginners
- Shea Butter Production In Nigeria Business Plan
- 6 Lucrative Business Ideas For Students in Nigeria
2) Account Approval
Once you have registered a seller account, you have to stay patient and wait for Amazon to approve it.
You should note that Amazon will ask you for an EIN code to activate your account. In case you don’t know what an EIN code is. It is a code used to clear taxes in the US once a year.
You obtain this number with the help of the IRS.GIV website where you fill out a special form called “10 BEN”. Don’t forget to write it or save it on your email, because the code can impede the process of your account activation.
3) Choosing a Shipping Partner
In case of a successful registration and account activation. I will advise you carefully read all the guidelines created by Amazon for all its network of sellers all over the world.
As a Nigerian, using a third-party account, there are two ways to go about it.
- You can decide to ship your products to your third-party partner who lives in either the US or any African supported country.
- You can either decide to ship your products to Amazon warehouse through its Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program.
I will advise you to go with the second point as it is quicker and safer.
4) Amazon Seller App
Once you have chosen your desire plan on how to sell on Amazon. Next thing is to calculate the prices of your products (with a good profit) and start working on adding your products to your Amazon store.
If you are asking “how can I sell on Amazon in Nigeria”. The above, when followed judiciously, will give you success. Although it is stressful since Nigeria is not among the supported countries. Nevertheless, it is a matter of time for Nigeria to be added to the list.