You want to link your National Identity Number to your MTN line? This is the full guide on how to connect your NIN to your MTN, Make sure you read to the end.
Before we drive into the main topic on How to link your NIN to your MTN SIM. I know you would love to know the reasons why you need a National Identity Number (NIN) and why it is compulsory for you to link them together.
Brief About National Identity Number (NIN)
NIN number is compulsory for every Nigerian citizen. NIN is used to identify you as a confidential Nigeria and this is issued by the NIMC to all citizens of Nigeria, This is mandated by the law with the sole responsibility and the primary legal institution in Nigeria for identity management.
How To Check Your National Identity Number (NIN)
This Steps only work if it is the Sim card you used for registration for your National Identity Card (NIN)
For MTN users, to check your NIN number,
Follow these steps below:
- Dial the USSD code *346#.
- Choose option 1.
- Input the necessary Number as displayed
N20 Naira will be deducted from your airtime balance, make sure that you have an adequate credit balance before you follow the steps.
If you want to register for your National Identity Number (NIN), You should visit the nearest NIMC ERCs (Enrollment Centres) close to you or visit the nearest Local Government in your district.
Visit www.nimc.gov.ng for lists of all NIMC centers nationwide.
Note: NIN registration cannot be done in any MTN office.
How to Link your NIN to Your MTN Number
For MTN subscribers,
- You have to have the SIM card you want to link your NIN number with in your phone. Then, Dial *785#, then enter your NIN and submit
- Dial *785*Your NIN#
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/ or you can also download MyMTN App to submit your NIN details easily.
Your number will be linked to your National Identity Number (NIN) automatically.
Note: Even if you have more than one phone number. You can connect up to 7 different mobile phone numbers to your NIN.
Linking NIN to a mobile phone is simple. Let ‘s get going.
Link using the NIMC mobile app
- Log in to the NIMC mobile App with your login details.
- On the home page, select “MY DEVICES”
- Click on “ADD MOBILE NUMBER” and insert the number you would like to link.
- Input the require OTP code you receive on your phone to complete the process
With the App you can connect up to 7 different mobile phone numbers to your NIN.