Building a social media account is one of the sure ways to do social media marketing, as the world is now a global market and a lot of people are online. For this reason, before you decide on a social media platform to grow, you must have had a knowledge of the fundamentals of choosing the right social media marketing platform for your business. It’s not enough to set up your business on just any platform. For you to make the most out of it, you need to be sure it’s the right platform.
Do you know that having knowledge of the different social media channels helps in choosing the right social media marketing platform for business? Now you do!
Think about how you as a consumer use a particular social media platform, then strategize towards the one that has a higher level of business interactions. Go for it.
1. Facebook: With a total of 2.32 billion monthly active users and counting, Facebook comes in as one of the top social media platforms for business. It’s a drastic increase in the number of users over the years have brought about an increase in sales for brands that have their businesses online also.
2. LinkedIn: This site can be said to be a very professional one, hence, making it easier for business owners to connect and learn from each other. LinkedIn is also an ideal site for networking.
3. Instagram: A great video-sharing social networking service for sharing videos and pictures that defines your brand. Promoting a brand with the use of videos and pictures have a higher edge when compared to that of texts. So, you should be rest assured that Instagram is a great platform to have in mind when choosing the right social media platform for your business.
4. Twitter: Twitter is a place for heads up on news and trending topics. People go to Twitter to know the latest happenings around them. The more you make tweets and retweets, the more you expand visibility. People would only see you when you show yourself to them. By using these properly placed features on the Twitter app, you would attract more views, engagements, and interactions.
5. YouTube: No doubt, YouTube is not going down this list anytime soon as it is a video-based content platform. Video content has a greater taste in the digital market, so, if your business is on YouTube, with the right guide, it will thrive faster.
•Define your goals.
There is nothing as important as defining your goals when exploring a business idea. A goal is like a vision you have for your brand in a certain time frame. Defining your goals keep you on track with your progress.
You might decide to ask yourself some questions:
1. What should be my desired output at the end of 6 months?
2. How can I grow membership in three months?
3. What opportunities should I look out for in the long run?
When you have the answers to questions like this, align your goals to meet them when doing social media marketing.
•Find out the platforms your target audience use
Finding out the niches of your target audience would not only be rewarding but would make it much easier for you to succeed. When you want to look for the platforms your target audience is, you can decide to create a little survey of the interests and opinions of the members of a group on that platform for a start. With the responses, you would know how to shuffle your cards. This gives you a foresight on where to base your energy and resources. Saves you a lot of money too!
This factor helps in choosing the right social media platform for your business, so, I would advise you to go for it!
• Tailor your content across all platforms
Try to be in line with the kind of content your target audience looks for when they are online. Tailor your content to fit their interests so they can come looking for you when they see your shared posts anywhere on the net. Create infographics, blog posts, videos, photos, news, etc.
Consider using a live video to market your brand also. The number of views on live videos is growing every day.
•Adjust and analyze your strategy:
Sit down and check the statistical analysis of all your posts at the end of the month. Write down the posts that had the most engagements and the ones that didn’t. Try to find out why the ones with low engagements turned out that way. Do the same about the ones with an impressive number of engagements too.
When you have figured out the reasons for the low engagements, fix it and try not to repeat it. Then the ones with high engagements, use the same method onwards on all your other social media platforms. This trick is important to help you get a high number of engagements forever, so, embrace it!
It does not matter if you have been in the business for a long time or you are just planning on starting it up. Choosing the right social media marketing platform for your business is one factor that you should never keep aside.
Social media is a very beneficial platform for business purposes, so, don’t panic when experimenting with any of the platforms.
If you don’t get it right today, try again tomorrow.
Thank you for joining this discussion. See you at the top!